ATM Card activation for Safetoken registration for use on Quickteller and other WebPay enabled websites is all we seem to talk about these days. But why should you stress yourself or even bother to do it?
1. It enables you carry out online transactions above the default limits set by your bank
2. It provides greater online security of your transactions:
a. As your card is tied to your phone
b. As generated One-Time Passwords (OTPs) are sent to your registered phone number and/or email
3. You can enjoy the Remember Card feature for Verve Cards which:
a. lets you list one or more activated Verve Cards as payment options
b. requires only your CVV2 and PIN to complete transactions
4. It enables you use the other Quickteller payment platforms – USSD, SMS & IVR with ease
There are 3 ways you can enable your card for Safetoken for use on Quickteller and other WebPay enabled websites:
1. Activation by your BankUpon request for an ATM (Verve or MasterCard) card at your bank, kindly ask for the card to be activated/ registered for Safetoken for use for online payments. (GTBank issued cards are exempted from this).
When activated/registered, your bank will by default send you the OTP via text or email whenever you are about to make payments online. However, if you do not receive the OTP after 5 minutes, you will be prompted to send a code to 32122 to generate the OTP which would be sent to your phone via text.
2. Self-Activation at the ATM
(Ecobank Verve Card holders would not need to self-enrol via the ATM as the bank will automatically do this for them.)
Perhaps you got your card ages ago, now you don’t have to go to the bank to get it activated/ registered for Safetoken. You can simply head to the nearest ATM and carry out the activation yourself by following these simple steps:
** How to Activate Your ATM Card
- Visit an ATM
- Insert your card
- Select Quickteller
- Select “Pay bills”
- Choose your account type
- Select “Others”
- Enter 322222 as the payment code
- Enter your phone number as ‘Customer Reference’
- Accept the N1.00 amount displayed
- Follow prompts to complete the activation
- Please note that you will be charged a total of N101.00 only with N100 being the convenience fee.
When activated/registered, whenever you are about to make payments online an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile phone via SMS.
3. Activate on the Quickteller App
If you have the Quickteller App on your phone you can activate your card on it. However, this on-app activation is limited as it does not permit you to carry out transactions of more than N200 at a time. Full card activation at the ATM or by the bank is required for transactions of a higher value.
When activated/registered you can generate an OTP on the Quickteller App by selecting and clicking “Get Safetoken” and choosing the bank card listed.
Quickteller user it is important to note that Safetoken registration, enables your Verve Cards for use on the Quickteller App.
Should you have a problem with your Safetoken registration after you have tried any of the three ways above kindly contact email@example.com or call 01-9065000.
Please follow this blog for more information on Quickteller. Thank you!
For more on Safetoken, please read: